Periodically, I'll create random mental and physical challenges designed (or not designed?) to create change within myself.
This post is an attempt to catalog several challenges and some of the memories from each.
I started doing some intermittent and even a couple longer fasts this year. I also tried the keto diet for a while.
My brother JP challenged me to a 100 squat per day challenge in September which snowballed into a few more months of random challenges with the goal being 100 reps of some exercise per day.
Each day, we'd text an iMessage thread with a timelapse video of us doing our exercise.
September: 100 squats/day
October: 100 push-ups/day
November: 100 sit-ups/day
- ✔️ Eat zero French fries
- ✔️ Pay off truck (don't buy a new car, worst financial decision)
- ✖️ 1300 MEPS (Myzone Effort Points) per month
- (37/40) 40 books
- ✖️ Remove PMI from rental mortgage
- (49/30) 30 books
- (38/30) 30 books
- January – No TV (including youtube/netflix/hulu/streaming/video)
- February – No Facebook
- March – No Alcohol
- April – Only buy food/gas (not things, no clothes, toys, tools, games, furniture etc.)
- May – Run every single day
- June – Swim every single day
- July - No Coffee
- August – No Sugar
- September – No eating out
- October – No Meat
- November – Wake up and get out of bed before 6AM every day
- December – Give away something or donate money every day
- 30 books.
- 24 blog posts.
Run 210 miles.